What is MBSR? Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an eight-week, ten session educational training in the practice of Mindfulness, and conscious living. The evidence-based MBSR program is taught in a group format within the context of a highly supportive, and dedicated learning environment.
History of MBSR: The Stress Reduction Clinic was founded in 1979 by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. MBSR is taught worldwide in a variety of settings including: universities, medical centers, schools, corporations, employee wellness programs, law firms; along with speciality programs such as sports teams, corrections, community development, etc.
Who can benefit: Over thirty-five years of scientific research suggests that training in Mindfulness supports overall health enhancement, resilience, and emotional well-being across the life span. MBSR may be of benefit with:
- Enhanced vitality, and well-being
- Work, family, school, relational stress
- Interpersonal communication
- Depression, anxiety, worry, panic
- Enhance mood, emotional regulation
- Chronic pain, fibromyalgia
- Cultivate emotional resiliency, concentration, calm
- Chronic illness, high blood pressure, heart disease
- Sleep disturbances and fatigue
- Gastro-intestinal distress, eating challenges
- Learning self care, compassion, equanimity
What to expect: What to expect: MBSR consists of eight weekly two and a half hour classes, and an all day retreat. The learning is participatory, and structured providing guided practices, skill development, and group discussion. Participants receive 31 hours group instruction, a program packet, and guided Mindfulness practice recordings. Participation requires a commitment to oneself, and regular Mindfulness practice.
View the MBSR Frequently Asked Questions document.
View the MBSR Program Flyer.
- Scan and send to: email@example.com
- Take clear photograph and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax directly to Mindfulness for Living: 847-868-8676
View and Print the MBSR General Release and Waiver of Liability Form.
View and Print the MBSR Support Services Release Form.
View and Print the MBSR Medical Services Release Form.